The world of esports has been growing exponentially over the past few years and is showing no signs of slowing down. With its increasing popularity, more and more brands are looking to get involved in this exciting industry. In the Philippines, esports has become a major force, and many brands are partnering with esports teams and tournaments to reach a young and engaged audience. In this article, we will explore how brands can partner with esports brands in the Philippines to tap into this fast-growing market.
Introduction to Esports in the Philippines
The esports industry in the Philippines has seen remarkable growth in recent years, with millions of gamers and fans tuning in to watch their favorite games and tournaments. Some of the most popular esports games in the Philippines include Dota 2, League of Legends, and Mobile Legends. The Philippine esports industry has also produced some of the world's top esports players, including Carlo "Kuku" Palad and Abed "Abed" Yusop.
The Benefits of Partnering with Esports Brands
Partnering with esports brands in the Philippines can offer a range of benefits for brands looking to reach a young and engaged audience. Esports fans are highly passionate and engaged with the industry, making them a prime target for brands looking to build long-term relationships with their customers. Some of the benefits of partnering with esports brands include:
- Access to a young and engaged audience: Esports fans are predominantly young, with the majority of viewers falling into the 18-35 age range. These fans are highly engaged with the esports industry, making them a valuable target audience for brands looking to build long-term relationships with their customers.
- Increased brand visibility: Esports tournaments and teams have a large following, with millions of fans tuning in to watch their favorite games and players. By partnering with esports brands, brands can tap into this large and engaged audience, increasing their brand visibility and awareness.
- Authenticity and credibility: By partnering with esports brands, brands can demonstrate their authenticity and credibility within the industry. This can help build trust with their target audience and position them as a leader within the esports industry.
Types of Esports Partnerships
There are many different types of esports partnerships that brands can explore in the Philippines, depending on their goals and objectives. Some of the most common types of esports partnerships include:
- Sponsorship of esports teams: Brands can sponsor esports teams, providing financial support and resources to help them compete in tournaments and leagues.
- Sponsorship of esports tournaments: Brands can sponsor esports tournaments, providing financial support and resources to help organizers put on the event.
- Branded content: Brands can create branded content, such as videos or articles, that are tailored to the esports audience.
- Influencer marketing: Brands can partner with esports influencers, such as popular players or streamers, to reach a wider audience.
Case Studies: Successful Esports Partnerships in the Philippines
There are many successful examples of brands partnering with esports brands in the Philippines. Here are a few case studies:
- Mountain Dew: Mountain Dew has been a major sponsor of esports events in the Philippines for several years. The brand has sponsored events such as the Dew Tour and the Mobile Legends Professional League, helping to increase its visibility and credibility within the esports industry.
- Globe Telecom: Globe Telecom has also been a major sponsor of esports events in the Philippines. The brand has sponsored events such as the Globe Conquerors Manila tournament and has partnered with esports teams such as Team Liyab to create branded content.
- PLDT: PLDT, one of the Philippines' largest telecommunications companies, has also been a major sponsor of esports events. The brand has sponsored events such as the PLDT Home Fibr Power Hitters tournament and has partnered with esports teams such as Omega Esports.
Esports in the Philippines is a rapidly growing industry, with a significant number of players and fans. With the increasing popularity of esports, more and more brands are looking to partner with esports brands and players to reach a wider audience. Here are some ways brands can partner with esports brands in the Philippines:
- Sponsorship: Brands can sponsor esports tournaments, teams, and players. This is a great way to get your brand in front of a large audience and show your support for the esports community. In addition to logo placement, sponsors can also offer prizes or incentives for winning teams and players.
- Product Placement: Brands can also partner with esports teams and players to promote their products. This can be done through product placement in tournaments or through partnerships with individual players. For example, a gaming chair brand can partner with a popular esports player and have them promote the chair during streams or in social media posts.
- Content Creation: Brands can also partner with esports brands to create content for social media platforms or streaming sites. This can include live streams, highlight videos, or even podcasts. By partnering with esports brands, brands can tap into the existing audience and gain exposure to a new market.
- Branded Tournaments: Brands can also host their own esports tournaments and invite top teams and players to compete. This can create a lot of buzz around the brand and provide a unique experience for gamers and fans.
- Influencer Partnerships: Brands can also partner with esports influencers and streamers to promote their products or services. These influencers have a significant following and can help drive traffic to a brand’s website or social media channels.
In conclusion, partnering with esports brands and players can be a great way for brands to reach a wider audience in the Philippines. Whether it’s through sponsorship, product placement, content creation, branded tournaments, or influencer partnerships, there are many ways for brands to get involved in the esports community and tap into the growing market.